The home for all things DARKWARD....because everything looks better in the dark.

Friday 23 July 2010

Toye by Bratty-Vamp





TOYE by BRATTY-VAMP

Donna_rai says:

After the Author’s description I couldn’t help but be intrigued “Vampires like to play with their food. A campy and kitschy horror short-story that lets the men of the Cullen household be the monsters that Edward always claimed they were.”
For me this Fic is like a goldmine, you come across it by chance and don’t realise how good it is until you finish. It makes crawling through Fan Fiction on the hunt for a good Darkward worth it.
This shows the Cullen boys in a very different light, they are Evil, Horrific and Disturbed, frankly they scare the bejeebus out of me!! Most of the story leads you into a false sense of security especially with Edward. He really knows how to get inside your head and by the end you're left thinking......“Bella why were you so stupid!!”
It’s so vivid and realistic in its details, that I was biting my nails the entire time with anticipation for the next chapter. Even the small detail of Bella's physiological response to everything that happens makes it seem that much more real, and that’s what I really like about this Author. A lot of writers tend to gloss over the unattractive details but she went there, and I think she was really brave to do so.
"Please… don't hurt her," I choked quietly. Tears obstructed my vision and I begged for his mercy."That is going to be up to you," Emmett spoke again. I blinked to clear my vision and saw that he had walked around Rosalie to step near where I held myself at the front of the cage.
"What… what do you want from me?" I asked hoarsely. I would do anything at all to make this nightmare end.
"Keep your hands on these bars," Emmett instructed. My fingers automatically tightened around the steel. I clutched the bars so tightly that my fists ached. "And whatever you do… don't close your eyes."
"Wh-wh-what?" I stammered. I didn't understand his rule. He smirked a little and stepped back toward Rosalie.

It’s certainly a very good interpretation of what years of walking the earth can do to a Vampire...
The entire first read-through, I kept chanting Yes. Yes. Yes. My smile grew progressively wider as the vampires became progressively more sadistic.
I have to say I love the fact that you get a glimpse of Rosalie reading Dirty FanFic at the beginning of the story.
Enjoy...

“The familiar flannel coat my father always favored was easy to pick out at the head of the group. He raised his arm to point at the shack ahead of them. They were too far away for me to hear their voices. But my fingers stretched out and my hands were rigid claws as I tried to touch the glass between us. Edward held my hair, keeping me at just such a distance that window remained centimetres out of reach”

Lambcullen says:

There's nothing that gets me more excited than a really good Darkward, and this is one of the best.

It's complete, only seven chapters long and will blow your mind.

I knew this was different from the first chapter, and the more I read the more I thirsted for more. The Cullen's aren't your usual brand and I love Bratty-Vamp for that!

"What… what if they aren't nice people?" I asked.

We meet Emmett first, and it's immediately apparent that he isn't the cuddly teddy bear, nor is Jasper. However, Edward seems to be different from them.

"Edward is another of my sons," Carlisle explained. "You could say… he's second in command around here. And he's denied himself for far too long."

It's more than half way through before we actually meet Edward, but when I did I got an immediate sense of foreboding. Is he all he seems? Or it is an elaborate game of cat and mouse?

"It's an apple," came a soft voice from behind. "I didn't mean for it to scare you. Please… eat."

I don't want to give too much away, because this fic really is a "must read". Certain lines still give me chills, and I have read it again on a few occasions. It remains one of my favorite Darkwards, because Bratty-Vamp gets him spot on....and then adds a little more venom.

Enjoy.

Toye on FF.net

4 comments:

  1. this just got bumped WAY up on my list. like... to the top i think.

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree one of the sparkling little gems of Darkward fanfiction. Complete and completely satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Toye is one of the best Darkwards I've read so far! People must read it! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This fic is properly named because it completely toyed with my mind. It was written so well and had me so fooled. I don't want to give away the ending either, but there was a certain line that I must have read 10 times because my brain refused to process what was actually going on. Then I was like, "Oh my god. OH MY GOD!" It actually made me start doubting my love of Darkward... that maybe I wasn't cut out for these types of fics after all.

    That has yet to be decided, but what I do know is that this fic is brilliant. Short but sweet... er, maybe sweet isn't the right word. But it's a definite must read for those who like the dark!

    ReplyDelete