The home for all things DARKWARD....because everything looks better in the dark.

Friday 18 June 2010

Killing Death by Echo

Photobucket

Summary: Meet Edward; serial killer. At only seventeen years old, he has mastered the art taking human life. Enter Bella, inocent bystandar. When these two cross paths, not only will sparks fly, but so will the blood of their enemy.

Lambcullen says: This fic is like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow....or should it be body at the end of a blood trail? Either way, its amazing. From the moment I read the summary I knew this was going to be perfect for a Deviants recci.

Meet Edward; serial killer.

Echo has a way of placing you right in the middle of a scene. Her words are very atmospheric, and before I knew it I'd devoured all the available chapters.

Water cascaded down the shower curtain in elegant spirals, sliding over the pristine white tiles to finally land on the desiccated corpse lying fully clothed and face down in the stream. Fog swirled around the room in a ghostly mist, fanning along the mirror to expel itself through the open door. Heat and moisture made the air thick, muggy, like it could no longer bare its own weight.

...and that's just the opening paragraph!

Now, don't misunderstand, this fic isn't just a series of random killings. It's not one dimensional. Echo had written it in a way so each and every character stands out. There is a very twisted, but thoroughly thought out plot, all revolving around Edward's past. As a reader, you'll be very intrigued by smattering of an "unknown POV". It gives you another view into what the hell is going one, but also manages to confuse you a little more. This is one of those fics that keeps you wondering long after you've finished the update.

I'm amazed more Dark Lovers haven't pounced on this little gem, because it needs so much more love. I really hope you'll give it a try and leave us a comment to tell us what you thought.

I guarantee its worth your time!


Donna Rai says: Have you ever come across a Fic that after reading you just can’t seem to stop thinking about? Well this is exactly what this Fic has done!!
The Author Echo does a fantastic job of capturing your attention straight away, the writing is absolutely amazing, the way the reactions are described are flawless, you just don’t want to stop reading. It’s twisted, gruesome and sick but yet it’s highly addictive and I love it.

“Slowly, I advanced. I treaded carefully, feeling a sort of defeating dread building up in my stomach. I wished Jacob had come in with me. When I turned the corner and entered the kitchen, the sticky, putrid smell grew stronger. Fighting the urge to run, I turned on the lights in order to see the kitchen.
Then instantly wished I hadn't.”


I find it really fascinating how the characters are linked to one another, very clever; it also adds a nice twist to the story.
The Flash back scenes are outstanding, the attention to detail is out of this world, alot of authors tend to gloss over scenes that involved murder, I am so glad we don’t have that problem with this Fic, I feel if someone is going to write a DarkFic then they should do it properly!!
Echo has not held back and that is what has drawn me so much!
There is Unknown POV’s which I find really interesting, I keep changing my mind on who’s POV it could actually be! No clues have been given yet on who it could actually be but I find that an extra bonus on keeping you on the edge of your seat.
This is a Fic that has the potential for even greater darkness (Getting Goosebumps at the thought) hope you all enjoy.....

“I heard him pursuing me and tried not to fall on my ass. I needed to get away from this, I had to. But it was pointless to run. He caught up to me quickly and suddenly there was a hand around my waist, hot breath at my ear, and a sharp knife at my throat.”

Killing Death on Twilighted.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh sounds delightful. I will check it out.
    mel24fan

    ReplyDelete